Car Accident Lawyers in Phoenix, Arizona
The Schmidt Law Group is an auto accident law firm in Phoenix, Arizona that may be able to help you seek damages to cover your medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, you may have many questions about your rights under the law. You might be wondering what your claim might be worth, what your next steps should be with the claims process with your insurance company, and what rights you might have. The Schmidt Law Group is an auto accident law firm in Phoenix, Arizona that may be able to assist you with all steps of the car accident claims process, from helping you understand what your case might be worth, helping you understand whether you have a case, to helping you evaluate the next steps you can take, the Schmidt Law Group is a car accident law firm in Phoenix, Arizona that is here for you. If you’ve been hit, call Schmidt.
Contact Us Today Or Call (602) 282-0047
What Steps Should I Take If I’ve Been in a Auto Accident in Phoenix, Arizona?
If you’ve been in a car accident in Phoenix, Arizona, there are several steps you can take to protect your rights. It can be helpful to review this list, because in the stress and adrenaline after an accident happens, it can be easy to forget crucial steps and details. The claims process for your car accident will depend on the unique circumstances of your claim, but here are some things that are common to many car accident claims.
- Call the police. Even if you think the accident is minor, you should always report the accident to the police. If it turns out that there are more injuries than you thought or that the accident is more serious, having a police report will be important when making an insurance claim or when taking a personal injury claim to court.
- Seek Medical Attention. If you’ve been hurt, see a doctor. Even if you think your injuries are minor, it might still be a good idea to visit the doctor. Some injuries may appear minor, but can make themselves apparent after several days or even weeks. Traumatic brain injury can sometimes lead to fatal symptoms a few hours after the injury takes place, but immediately after the injury, the victim might feel fine, be talking, and think they don’t need medical attention. Some forms of mild traumatic brain injury may take days before they become apparent, and victims may not always realize that their headaches, memory loss, and mood changes are the result of their brain injury. Post traumatic stress disorder is another condition whose symptoms may not always be apparent right after an accident.
- Report the Accident to Your Insurance Company. As soon as possible, you’ll want to let your insurance company know you’ve been in an accident. Some insurance companies require that those insured let them know within a specific period of time after the accident takes place.
- Take Photos of the Accident Scene. While a description of injuries or vehicular damage in a police report can be compelling, sometimes a photo is worth a 1,000 words.
- Get the contact information of the other party, his or her insurance company, and the names and contact information of witnesses. This information may be necessary should you need to make a claim, and witnesses can help insurance companies and your car accident lawyer evaluate what really took place during the accident.
These are just some of the things you can do immediately after a crash to protect your rights. You may also want to speak to a personal injury lawyer if you’ve been seriously injured. A personal injury lawyer can review your case, estimate the value of your claim, negotiate your settlement with insurance companies or the negligent party, and fight for your rights inside or outside of court. The Schmidt Law Group is a car accident law firm in Phoenix, Arizona that can help you every step of the way, and is here to answer your questions.
Protect Your Rights After a Car Accident in Phoenix, Arizona
The car accident lawyers at the Schmidt Law Group in Phoenix, Arizona can protect your rights after a crash and help you take the next steps in your car accident case. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim if you’ve been hurt in a crash, so if you’ve been seriously injured, it might be wise to take steps now to protect your rights. It can take your lawyer time to evaluate your case, negotiate with insurance companies, and attempt to settle with negligent parties. If a settlement isn’t possible, the Schmidt Law Group is a car accident lawyer prepared to help you take your case to court. The sooner you reach out the better. Contact our car accident lawyers today for a case evaluation. We can help.