The Schmidt Law Group is a truck accident law firm in Phoenix, Arizona that works with hurt individuals. Truck accidents differ from car accidents in many ways. The trucking industry is a big business in America and it is regulated as such. According to Business Insider, the trucking industry made over $700 billion in 2017 alone, and these numbers have remained steady. Despite these numbers, thousands of people die in truck accidents every year, and thousands more are injured in these accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2018 (the most recent year for which we have complete data), 4,951 people died in large truck accidents. Large industries have a responsibility to protect the safety of their workers and the safety of the general public. The trucking industry is subject to strict federal and local regulations that govern the operation of these vehicles. Despite this, every year people die in large truck crashes.
Contact Us Today Or Call (602) 282-0047
If you or someone you love was hurt in a truck accident in Phoenix, Arizona, you may have the right to seek damages for your medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Truck companies are required to have insurance on their vehicles to protect the driver and to compensate victims should a driver make a deadly or dangerous error behind the wheel. Truck accident claims can be sometimes complicated to resolve because victims might suffer from more serious injuries that require a more robust settlement, and because there might be multiple responsible stakeholders involved. In a truck accident claim, victims may need to reach a settlement with insurance adjusters, negligent drivers, the truck company, and sometimes shippers, maintenance personnel and others. The truck accident lawyers at the Schmidt Law Group in Phoenix, Arizona can take the time to review your case, estimate the value of your claim, and fight truck drivers and truck companies for the settlement you may deserve. Contact us today to learn more.
Truck Accident Injuries in Phoenix, Arizona
Truck accidents can leave victims suffering from serious injury. These injuries can leave victims disabled or facing months to years of rehabilitation. What are some types of truck accident injuries?
- Head injury
- Back injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Internal injuries
- And more
These injuries can affect victims and also their families. Families adapting to life after a loved one’s disabling injury can find themselves struggling to pay the bills and make ends meet. Fortunately, the law offers ways that families can seek damages following a truck crash. The Schmidt Law Group is a truck accident law firm in Phoenix, Arizona that can help you and your family seek damages by negotiating with the truck company’s insurers or by seeking a settlement from the truck company itself.
Causes of Truck Accidents in Phoenix, Arizona
There are many possible factors that can contribute to a truck accident. Truck regulations like federal hours of service laws are designed to prevent fatigue and other factors that can impact public safety. What are some causes of truck accidents in Phoenix, Arizona?
- Fatigued Driving. Drivers must obey federal hours of service laws that limit how long they can drive in a given shift before taking a break.
- Drunk Driving. Drivers are held to stricter standards and must have lower blood alcohol concentrations at all times.
- Driving with Impairing Medical Conditions. Drivers must pass regular medical evaluations and must avoid driving while under the influence of dangerous prescription drugs that can impact safety.
- Distracted Driving. Truck drivers need to put down the phone and obey local laws governing cell phone use. Laws regarding the general public and truck drivers often differ. For example, the federal law for truck drivers is that they are required to use hands-free devices when talking on the phone. That said, using the phone, even with a hands-free device can be risky.
- Improper Loading. Truck drivers must properly load the vehicle to avoid tipping, or spillage. Improperly loaded trucks can spill their contents on the road, posing a hazard to other drivers. In an improperly loaded truck contents can shift while the vehicle is in motion, resulting in accidents.
- Improper Maintenance. Truck companies must keep their vehicles in working order. Failure to maintain a truck can lead to deadly mechanical failures, like brake failure, or a blown tire.
These are just some of the causes of truck accidents. If you or someone you love was hurt in a truck accident, the Schmidt Law Group, a truck accident law firm in Phoenix, Arizona can help you. Our lawyers can review the details of the crash, investigate the truck company, and review police reports. If the truck company or driver was responsible for your crash, our truck accident lawyers can fight to help you get the recovery you may deserve under the law. Contact the Schmidt Law Group, a Phoenix, Arizona truck accident law firm today.
Seek Justice After a Truck Accident in Phoenix, Arizona
The Schmidt Law Group is a Phoenix, Arizona truck accident law firm that fights for the rights of the injured. We understand the unique challenges that truck accident victims and their families face and we are here to compassionately help you move forward and seek compensation for your losses. You are not alone. We can help.